● Only UAE nationals may apply
● Applicants for the Undergraduate Program must have been born between 2 April 1994 and 1 April 2002.
● Deadline to apply: Thursday 5 July 2018
*Due to the high volume of applications, exams and interviews are scheduled in different occasions as follows:
● Written Examinations: Saturday 14 July 2018
● Interviews: Saturday 21 July 2018
*Only those who pass the written examinations will be invited to the interviews.
Please make sure to read Application Guidelines carefully before you apply.
Applicants must submit the documents in the table below to the Japanese Embassy by the required date. The submitted documents will not be returned.
PAST EXAMINATION QUESTIONS:
We highly recommend applicants to review the examination questions from 2014 to 2016.
|No.||Documents||1 original||2 copies||Remarks|
|1||Passport Copy||○||1 colored copy|
|2||Application form||○||○||Please use the FY2019 application form.
The applicant’s photograph should be of clear quality, taken within six months of submission, 4.5 x 3.5 cm, upper-body, full-faced, no hats. （Please write applicant’s name and nationality on the back of the photograph.）
Alternatively, the photograph data can be pasted to the Application Form and printed out.
|3||Academic transcripts for all school years of last school attended||○||○||The academic transcripts of the last school attended should show the grade scale applied.|
|4||Graduation certificate of last school attended||○||○||If the applicant has not yet graduated, please submit an attested document certifying that the applicant will graduate from the school.
The copy must be attested by an authorized person of the school.
|5||Letter of recommendation from either principal or teacher of last school attended||○||○||Format up to recommender; samples available here.|
|6||Health examination certificate||○||○||Please use FY2019 health certificate form.|
|7||Application form for direct placement||○||-||Only for applicants desiring direct placement.|
|8||Certificate of enrollment||●||●||Only for those currently enrolled in a university.|
|9||Certificate of university enrollment qualification examination||●||●||Only for those who pass the university enrollment qualification examination.|
|10||Certificate of language proficiency||‐||●||Only in case the applicant has documents attesting to competency in language.|
- Documents indicated by the white circle (○) must be submitted by all the applicants. Documents
indicated by the black circle (●) should be submitted only if applicable.
- An application will not be examined unless all the documents mentioned above are fully and correctly completed
- Any extra certificates & documents (other than those mentioned above) will not be considered.
- The submitted documents will not be returned.
- IELTS/TOEFL are not required.
- All documents (including Passport copy) must be submitted to the Embassy (by hand, post or courier)
- Please write on the envelop:
MEXT Research Scholarship 2019
Culture and Information Section
Embassy of Japan in the UAE
- For inquiries please contact the Embassy of Japan in Abu Dhabi, Cultural Section through: