● Only UAE nationals may apply
● Applicants must have been born on or after April 2, 1984.
● Deadline to apply: Thursday 5 July 2018
● Qualifying Examinations and Interviews: Saturday 14 July 2018
Please make sure to read Application Guidelines carefully before you apply.
Applicants must submit the documents in the table below to the Japanese Embassy by the required date. The submitted documents will not be returned.
PAST EXAMINATION QUESTIONS:
We highly recommend applicants to review the examination questions from 2014 to 2016.
|No.||Documents||1 original||2 copies||Remarks|
|1||Passport Copy||-||○||1 colored copy|
|2||Application form||○||○||Please use the FY2019 application form.
The applicant’s photograph should be of clear quality, taken within six months of submission, 4.5 x 3.5 cm, upper-body, full-faced, no hats. （Please write applicant’s name and nationality on the back of the photograph.）
Alternatively, the photograph data can be pasted to the Application Form and printed out.
|3||Field of Study and Research Program Plan||○||○||Please use the FY2019 form|
|4||Certified grade transcript for each academic year from the last university attended||○||○||The academic transcripts of the last school attended should show the grade scale applied.|
|5||Graduation certificate or degree certificate of the last university attended||○||○||If the applicant has not yet graduated, please submit an attested document certifying that the applicant will graduate from the school.
The copy must be attested by an authorized person of the school.
|6||Recommendation letter from the president/dean or the adviser of the current university or the last university attended or the university currently attending||○||○||Format up to recommender; samples available here.|
|7||Health examination certificate||○||○||Please use FY2019 health certificate form.|
|8||Placement Preference Form||○||-||Please use the FY2019 form|
|9||Abstracts of theses||●||●||Submit if the applicant has written theses|
|10||Recommendation letter from the present employer||●||●||Submit if the applicant is currently employed. (Free format. A sample format is available here.)|
|11||Photograph(s) showing applicant’s own works of art or a digital audio file of musical performance||●||●||Submit if the applicant is to major in fine arts or music.|
|12||Certificate of language proficiency||‐||●||Only in case the applicant has documents attesting to competency in language.|
- Documents indicated by the white circle (○) must be submitted by all the applicants. Documents
indicated by the black circle (●) should be submitted only if applicable.
- An application will not be examined unless all the documents mentioned above are fully and correctly completed
- Any extra certificates & documents (other than those mentioned above) will not be considered.
- The submitted documents will not be returned.
- IELTS/TOEFL are not required.
- All documents (including Passport copy) must be submitted to the Embassy (by hand, post or courier)
- Please write on the envelop:
MEXT Research Scholarship 2019
Culture and Information Section
Embassy of Japan in the UAE
- For inquiries please contact the Embassy of Japan in Abu Dhabi, Cultural Section through: