- Only UAE nationals may apply
- Applicants for the Undergraduate Program must have been born between 2 April 1996 and 1 April 2001.
- Deadline to apply: (Thursday 6 July 2017)
- Written tests and interviews (Saturday 15 July 2017)
Applicants must submit the following documents to the Japanese Embassy by the required date. The submitted documents will not be returned.
|No.||Documents||1 original||2 copies||Remarks||Downloads|
|Please make sure to read the application guideline carefully.||Application Guideline|
|1||Passport Copy||√||1 colored copy|
|2||Application form||√||√||Please use the FY2018 application form.
The applicant’s photo of clear quality, taken within six months of submission, to be attached to the Application Form (original and copy).
The photograph should be 4.5 x 3.5 cm.
|3||Academic transcripts for all school years of last school attended||√||√|
|4||Graduation certificate of last school attended||√||√||The copy must be attested by an authorized person of the school.|
|5||Letter of recommendation from either principal or teacher of last school attended||√||√||Format up to recommender; samples available.||Recommendation from -Sample|
|6||Health examination certificate||√||√||Please use FY2018 health certificate form.||Health examination certificate|
|7||Application form for direct placement||√||-||Only for applicants desiring direct placement.||Application form for direct placement|
- An application will not be examined unless all the documents mentioned above are fully and correctly completed
- Any extra certificates & documents (other than those mentioned above) will not be considered.
- The submitted documents will not be returned.
- IELTS/TOEFL are not required.
- All documents (including Passport copy) must be submitted to the Embassy (by hand, post or courier)
- Please write on the envelop:
MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2018
Culture and Information Section
Embassy of Japan in the UAE
- For inquiries please contact the Embassy of Japan in Abu Dhabi, Cultural Section through: