【Guidelines and Required Documents】
Please go to the links below and read through the guidelines. You can download all the necessary application forms from the links.
1. Research Students:
2. Undergraduate Students:
|2||Application form||Use the FY2020 Form.|
|3||Placement preference application form (Only research students)||Use the FY2020 Form.|
|4||Field of study and tesearch plan (Only research students)||Use the FY2020 Form.|
|5||Academic transcript(s) for all academic years of school/university attended||A transcript issued either by the school/university
attended or by the UAE
|6||Certificate(s) of graduation or degree certificate of school/university attended||If the applicant has not yet graduated, submit a
certificate of prospective graduation from the
|7||Recommendation letter from the president/dean or the academic adviser at the current or last school/university attended||Free format. A sample format is available.|
|8||Medical certificate||Use the FY2020 form.|
|9||Abstract of theses (Only research students)||Submit if the applicant has written theses.|
|10||Certificate of language proficiency||Only in case the applicant has documents attesting
to competency in Japanese or English.
|11||Recommendation letter from the present employer (If applicable)||Submit if the applicant is currently employed. Free format. A sample format is available.|
【Selection Schedule for MEXT Scholarship 2020】
The selection will be conducted in two stages. The first screening will be handled by the Embassy of Japan in the UAE and the second by MEXT.
<First Screening by the Embassy>
- June 20th (Thu): Application deadline *Application documents must arrive at the embassy by 3:00 pm on the day.
- By July 11th (Thu): Announcement of the document screening results by email and/or phone *Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- July 20th (Sat): Written exams at the Embassy of Japan in Abu Dhabi
- July 27th (Sat): Interview at the Embassy of Japan in Abu Dhabi *Only those who pass the written exams
- By August 1st (Thu): Announcement of the exams and interview results by email and/or phone
<Second Screening by MEXT>
- December 2019 – January 2020: MEXT will announce their final screening results.
1. Applicants must have UAE nationality. *Those who have other nationalities should contact the Embassy of Japan in their respective countries.
2. An application will not be examined unless all the documents mentioned in the guidelines are fully and correctly completed. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered under any circumstances.
3. Do NOT submit the original certificates (Grade Transcript and Graduation Certificate) as submitted documents will not be returned. Only copies are accepted.
4. Online application is NOT available. Please send the application documents to the mailing address below by courier, or deliver them to the Embassy by hand. On the envelope, please write “MEXT Scholarship 2020”.
<The Mailing Address of the Embassy of Japan>
Cultural Section, Embassy of Japan in the UAE
Villa #633, Mubarak bin Mohammed St., Abu Dhabi
<Hand-submission Accepting Hours>
9:00 am to 3:00 pm, from Sunday to Thursday
If you have any questions, please contact Cultural Section, Embassy of Japan in the UAE at 024435696.